Your Bike

Hire, Transportation and Specification

Your Bike

Approx. 85% of the course is on local clay tracks, with the remaining 15% on an asphalt mountain road (pictured below). This is an adventure cycle and although the clay tracks are pretty good (enjoy those downs!), there are some rockier / more technical stretches and so we would recommend a cyclo-cross, gravel or mountain bike. 

Asphalt Road

Local Clay Track

Bike Hire / Transport

You can bring your own bike out with you, we have arranged for vehicles to transport them from the airport to Kyaninga Lodge and back again, as well as to or from Lake Albert.

Alternatively, you can hire a bike for the race. Hired bikes are good quality mountain bikes from Bike Ventures. You can choose a mid-range mountain bike for $40 or a high-range mountain bike for $53. If you’d like to hire a bike, select that option when booking your place.

See more from Bike Ventures on their Facebook and Instagram accounts.

Mountain bikes available for hire